Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday with Jamie Ridler


Each Wednesday Jamie Ridler poses a wishful question and invites her readers to respond. I am certainly not a regular with this practice, but today's question struck a chord with me.

Jamie asked, "How do you wish to come out of your shell?"

I wish to come out of my shell by being more comfortable talking about my business.


I pretty much turn into a rambling idiot or a silent statue at the mere mention of the word "networking." However, I have learned that I don't need to think of traditional, formal networking as the only way of promoting my business. (Just typing the words "promoting my business" makes me nervous!) I'm not sure what my big hangup is when it comes to talking about myself and the work I do, but I wish with all my heart for it to become easier and feel more natural.

Image credit

6 comments:

  1. i'm not a fan of the word networking either because of the feelings it conjures up for me. maybe you could brainstorm to find a term that feels more comfortable for you. your promotional efforts can be as unique as your business. i think this is a big one for many, even though it's not often talked about. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also.

    Yes, I have heard of The Artisit's Way. I think I'll begin that after finishing Eat Pray Love :) Thank you for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can find your own way to let people know what you do and still be comfortable. That will let you shine more than any "traditional" marketing and networking.

    As Mindy wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Mindy wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!

    I hope you find a way to reframe "networking" into something more positive for you. And then I hope you write about it to help me! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk, talk away. Many people will be inspired by what you do, your courage for going after what you love, and you never know. It's about sharing the experience with others.

    As Mindy wishes this for herself, so do I wish this for her as well! I hope your wish comes true!

    ReplyDelete