It's that time of the month again! Time for Goal Reflection! Let's review...
- Brainstorm how to fit more exercise into my weekly routine. Yes! My new plan is simple: move everyday for at least 15 minutes. Everything counts: yoga, walking, running, biking. This has really been working for me and I notice a difference in my mood and energy now that I am moving more. It feels fabulous to be outside more as well now that the weather is getting warmer. I took Free Spirit out for a 15-minute ride this afternoon and it was lovely!
- Decide on a set time for meditation. Well... I decided on a set time of 7:40am. However, I am so not good at getting up early in the morning. I know, I know! 7:40am is really not that early! But it IS five minutes earlier than I need to get up and so it is "early" in my mind. I do feel that I have been spending more time meditating than I was (even if it is not at 7:40am each morning) so I am still counting this as progress.
- Purchase wallpaper for our upstairs bathroom. I have looked for wallpaper, but I have not purchased yet. There are so many options and the hubby and I have not been able to commit to one yet. So I will roll this goal over to April.
- Sketch out a plan for a backyard garden. No. I did ponder this and peruse magazines for ideas, but no sketch has come to fruition. Another goal to roll over to April.
- Outline new Stress Management course. In progress. The outline is there, but it is not complete.
- Call two insurance companies and ask about taking insurance for yoga. Yes! This has been on my to-do list for literally an entire year! Finally! I made the calls (confession: it was today, partially because I knew I would be reviewing my goals). One call was a bust, with the representative saying the network was closed for my area, but the other went well and my application is in progress.
- Carve out some time to brainstorm about marketing plan, preferably with someone who knows something about marketing. Yes! The hubby and I met with a marketing professional about several options. Now I have a bunch of ideas so it is a matter of sitting down and deciding which to pursue and in what order.
- Facilitate Introduction to Meditation Workshop at studio. Yes! I really enjoyed this workshop! We will likely offer it at the studio again in the near future.
- Host Women's Wellness Retreat on March 13th from 10am-4pm. Postponed until May 22nd.
- Teach mother-daughter yoga at Shakti Yoga to raise money for the Priscilla Project. Yes! I will be teaching there again April 10th at 1:30pm. We are also changing the class to Family Yoga in order to open the class up to all family members.
- Celebrate family birthdays at party complete with bounce house! Yes! A great party! All of the kids had a fantastic time in the bounce house. I even took a turn myself! I am so thankful for our ever-expanding clan :-)
- Honor my brother's girlfriend and my nephew-to-be at a splendid baby shower. Yes! Yay! I cannot even wait for the newest munchkin to arrive!
- See Our Lady Peace at The Riviera Theatre! Yes! OMG! This was amazing. I love OLP!!!!
- Host Do Yoga. Do Good. Book Club to raise funds for The Niagara County SPCA. Canceled this month. But I am so excited for the June selection Tranquilista, with proceeds benefiting Tranquil Space Foundation.
- Attend Megan's (possibly last) Elementary School Play. Yes! The Granny Awards was a great show! All of the kids did a wonderful job!
Goals for April:
- 30 Days of Joyful Abundance: As you may recall, my focus for 2010 is Joyful Abundance. As a personal challenge for the month of April, I will be posting 5 things EVERY DAY that I am thankful for. Please feel free to join in by posting in the comments section, on your own blog, and even in your own private gratitude journal.
- Purchase wallpaper for our upstairs bathroom.
- Sketch out a plan for a backyard garden.
- Complete detailed outline of new Stress Management program.
- Secure grant money for further office renovations.
- Create marketing plan for the next quarter.
- Yoga for Living Wellness CD finalized.
- Take a semi-vacation from work. A few days (mostly) off from the office/studio so that I can: Spend more time with my family, Sleep in, Stay in my pajamas all day, Do nothing, Read, Take a bath, Have a picnic, Go for a walk, Watch a movie, Play board games, and Whatever else my heart desires!
- Travel for 4-day yoga training.
- Attending networking event and continue to work on my networking skills.
- Check out the Earth-Spirit Expo.
Happy April 1st! And Happy Birthday to my brother!