Today I had a few spare minutes in between clients and I stopped over to Andrea's beautiful blog where I came upon this post complete with a mini-meditation about setting an intention for the week. I figured, "hey, I have three minutes to listen to this meditation" and went for it. I settled into my office chair and started to breathe a little more deeply. When Andrea's voice instructed me to open up to my intention a little voice inside my head said "surrender" and tiny tears trickled down my cheeks.
If I am really honest with myself I have to say that I have been expending a lot of energy trying to control things over which I have no control, trying to make things into something different than they are, instead of simply surrendering and accepting life as it is in this particular moment. I guess I am scared to just let go and trust that everything will be okay. But all my worrying and fighting against the way things truly are right now hasn't really gotten me anywhere, except frustrated.
In my Planner Pad there is a space that says "Major Goal This Week." I wrote (in purple pen) surrender.
Monday, November 15, 2010
Saturday, November 6, 2010
I'm a bit late with my Monthly Goal Reflection this month. I've been easing my way into November. Dug through the closet to find my winter jacket, made a trek to Tarjay for some gloves, and I think I'm finally ready to accept chilly November into my life!
- My first radio interview! I had a great time with this! I was pretty nervous at first, but all in all I think it went very well! You can listen to the podcast here
- Go apple picking with family: Yes, we made a trip to Brown's Berry Patch for apples and pumpkins! It was a beautiful day and we had a great time. We are still enjoying our apples, including some of my hubby's yummy apple crisp!
- Finalize Yoga for Living Wellness CD: Work in progress. A lot more goes into publishing a CD than I realized. I'm working on taking small steps in the right direction on this sometimes overwhelming project.
- Finalize new marketing materials for studio: I'm going to call this a work in progress as well. So far, I have put a few ads in the local paper and I also wrote an article for a health magazine. There has been a good response and our classes are growing! Now I am on to contemplating some kind of brochure or postcard I can have on hand when people stop in asking about our classes.
- Print family pictures to fill new frames: I chose the pictures to print! Now I just have to upload them online and order prints or get them printed somewhere locally.
- Host first-ever yoga birthday party at the studio: Yes! We had a great time! Yoga Birthday Parties are now an official offering at Tree of Life Yoga Studio!
- Bask in every glorious second of writing retreat with SARK: Done! What an amazing weekend. I heart retreating :-)
- Celebrate Tree of Life Yoga Studio's two-year anniversary with a festive party! Yes! Thank you to everyone who stopped in to celebrate with us! I can't believe it has been two years already!
- Get tickets to see Trans-Siberian Orchestra while they are in town (been talking about doing this for years): Yes, I am SO excited! This has been on my holiday wish list for years!
- Cultivate regular meditation practice by starting with 5 minutes in the morning: Not even close is probably an understatement... why do I resist meditation so much?
- Brainstorm + develop a new regular blog posting more focused on wellness content: I have brainstormed a bit, but I don't think I am ready to reveal anything just yet! Still working on the details :-)
- Host Women's Wellness Retreat with the lovely Kim David on November 13th (only two spots left so be sure to let me know if you are local and would like to reserve a space)
- Celebrate the baptism of the precious daughter of one of my oldest friends
- Take 4 days off from the office for Thanksgiving
- Share some big news with the world (coming soon!)
- See For Colored Girls
- Donate a Thanksgiving dinner to a local shelter
- Outline plan for new website
- Care for myself with plenty of trips to the gym and dates on the meditation cushion
- Explore some more Art Journaling before Art Journal Love Letters ends
- ► 2012 (21)
- ► 2011 (28)
- ▼ 2010 (65)