Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How little productivity can you stand?


Hello Dear Readers!

I hope you are doing well!

Here in Niagara Falls it feels like it has been raining for days and it is COLD! Vrrr... It is one of those days when I just want to stay wrapped up under the covers in bed and read or watch movies all day. Unfortunately, life calls and a movie marathon is not in the cards for me today. However, I am practicing doing as little as possible. Sounds so funny, huh?!?

I'm typically huge on productivity, probably to a fault. But because of some things going on in my life right now I have been forced to slow way down. I've been doing things that would have been unheard of a few short years ago such as doing the bare minimum needed to get through the day and waiting until the last minute to complete projects (gasp). And you know what? Life is going on just fine. No one has fallen apart yet because I opted for a nap over cleaning the toilets. Life feels so simple right now. I know this won't last but in the meantime I am appreciating that it is not the worst thing in the world to be forced to slow down.

Looking to slow down a bit? Here are a few ideas:

  1. Take a nap
  2. Practice Yin Yoga
  3. Focus solely on sipping your tea or coffee
  4. Take a Bed Day (spend the day in bed, you can work while there if you'd like)
  5. Single task
  6. Meditate
  7. Say no
  8. Leave the dishes in the sink
  9. Focus on what is truly essential (hint: it is not all truly essential)
Image credit

No comments:

Post a Comment