Monday, April 12, 2010

The Power of Permission



No matter how qualified or deserving we are, we will never reach a better life until we can imagine it for ourselves and allow ourselves to have it.
~ Richard Bach
I was doing some cleaning today and found my 2009 planner. I looked through it to see if there was anything I wanted/needed to keep before tossing it and I found this quote jotted down on one of the notes pages. I have no idea where I first came across it, but it resonates with me today as I'm sure it did then back in 2009.

Visualizing what we want is a key factor in moving forward, as is giving ourselves permission to have everything we have ever wanted. Sometimes we are held back by fear or guilt or old beliefs about whether or not we deserve to live our best life, but we must move beyond this in order to fully express our potential. We all deserve to be happy and live fulfilled lives!

What limiting beliefs are you holding on to? Can you let them go and give yourself permission to live the life you've always dreamed of?

It is never too late to move in the direction of our dreams! Visualize what you want in your life (maybe even put together a vision board - see pic above for my 2010 vision) and plan a small step in that direction. You will be surprised how powerful small steps in the direction of big dreams can be!

1 comment:

  1. love that quote! your vision board is just as fabulous as i knew it would be ;) hugs!!

    ReplyDelete