Sunday, June 17, 2012

Reflect, Release, Renew: Connect with Creativity





Hello Beautiful Souls!


It's been quiet around here the past month as I've been focusing my writing energies on Reflect, Release, Renew, my newest online offering. Thank you for your patience! Today I'm sharing a post from the course and I'll be back again later this week with a new post filled with my Summer intentions and dreams. I look forward to connecting with you here! Please feel free to share your thoughts on today's post in the comments below.  


Connect with Creativity


We are all creative beings. Sometimes negative thoughts get in the way and we lose sight of that. So often I hear things like, "I can't draw." As if drawing were the only creative medium! Or, "I'm too old/ tired/ busy to worry about being creative." Creative practice is not another item for the to-do list. It's a way of being. 


Activity

Today spend a few moments thinking of all the ways you are already creative in your daily life. Make a list in your journal. Next, draft a new list of ways to bring more creativity into your daily life. Choose one to incorporate in the upcoming week.

There are literally countless ways to be creative! Here are a few ideas to get you started...

Examples of Creativity in Daily Life:

  • preparing a meal
  • arranging flowers
  • making up stories to tell your children
  • taking photographs
  • knitting
  • decorating your home or office
  • brainstorming solutions to problems at work
  • wrapping a present
  • writing a thank you note
  • putting on makeup
  • planting a garden
  • baking
  • throwing a party
  • styling your hair
  • sewing
  • dancing
  • scrapbooking
  • putting together an outfit
  • building a fort
  • mixing a cocktail
  • upcycling 
  • writing a blog

No comments:

Post a Comment