Happy April! We (finally) have no snow left on the ground here in Niagara Falls and I'm hopeful that soon enough Spring flowers, like the gorgeous ones from the Botanical Gardens shown above, will be blooming! As the seasons change, join me in reviewing the past month (or even past three months if you prefer to work with quarters) and planning for the upcoming days, weeks, and months.
Some tips for making the most of your dream/goal reflection:
- Grab your journal and set aside at least 30 minutes
- Find a quiet space where you can ponder your dreams without interruption
- If you have previously created yearly goals, reflect on progress made so far
- When considering your dreams/goals, think of all the different areas of your life (i.e., physical health, home environment, life's work, service, self-care, creativity, spirituality, relationships)
- Be specific (i.e., rather than "get in shape" try a goal of "go to the gym 2x/week")
- Write your dreams down and consider sharing them with others (research has shown this makes it more likely that you will reach your goals)
- Attend fabulous continuing education course on the role of yoga in healing trauma. Further ponder group for women affected by violence that incorporates yoga. DREAM COME TRUE! I loved this workshop! It was awesome to learn about all of the scientific research supporting the psychological benefits of yoga. I felt so refreshed after spending the day with other like-minded professionals! It really reminded me of the importance of connecting with other people in my field, especially as a solo-preneur who works alone day after day.
- Fun night out with my mom at Art by You! DREAM COME TRUE! We had a blast! I highly recommend visiting Art by You for a fun and creative excursion!
- Signed leases in hand for additional offices at Living Wellness of Niagara. DREAM IN PROGRESS! I'm hard at work exploring ways to find and connect with other holistic health professionals so that I can choose the right people to share our wellness center space with.
- Savor a solo weekend away to attend continuing education course on Yoga Anatomy & Alignment. DREAM COME TRUE! I'm not sure how much I savored it though... I missed sleeping in my own bed and my pregnant body was beat after the 4 hours in the car and 18 hours of training! This is the event that prompted me to (sort-of) accept that it is time to slow down and be more gentle with myself.
- Attend fabulous new workshops at Tree of Life Yoga Studio: Dance on the Wild Side & Prayer Flag Creating Experience. DREAM COME TRUE! I adore Christina and Chris who lead us through the Prayer Flag workshop and I had a great time being a participant and chatting with the other attendees!
- Continue preparing for baby's arrival with first class at Care Connection. DREAM COME TRUE! It was a great class! I have the hubby and I signed up for two more classes in April!
- Save 40% of my earnings toward my maternity leave. DREAM COME TRUE! Yay for saving money!
- Paint BIG! DREAM COME TRUE! Read more about my thoughts on BIG here.
- Write! DREAM IN PROGRESS! I've been journaling a lot and blogging here and there, but I haven't dedicated any real time to my books in progress.
- Read another Martha Beck book - I'm thinking The Joy Diet. DREAM DEFERRED. I'm focusing most of my reading on books about birth and parenting, but I'll get back to Martha soon enough!
- Continue to care for my pregnacious body by practicing yoga, going to physical therapy, swimming, and getting regular massages. DREAM COME TRUE! I have been keeping up with all of my promises to care for my body. I am deeply thankful for the amazing medical professionals that are guiding me through this challenging time and helping me nurture my physical self.
- Celebrate with friends and family at a baby shower in our honor.
- Ponder ways to bring more mindfulness into my daily life at the Creative Mindfulness Workshop.
- Enjoy a week's vacation to visit my husband's family before le bebe arrives.
- Continue to paint BIG and think BIG!
- Host diaper shower for my brother's girlfriend in honor of my soon-to-arrive niece.
- Celebrate with my YaYa's at diaper shower for a dear friend also expecting a baby next month.
- Save 40% of my earnings during my last full month of work before maternity leave.
- Clear some clutter in preparation for baby's arrival.
- Slow down... more naps; permission to do nothing; less striving to achieve/produce, more acceptance and enjoyment of the process.