Monday, November 15, 2010

A Powerful 3 Minutes

Today I had a few spare minutes in between clients and I stopped over to Andrea's beautiful blog where I came upon this post complete with a mini-meditation about setting an intention for the week. I figured, "hey, I have three minutes to listen to this meditation" and went for it. I settled into my office chair and started to breathe a little more deeply. When Andrea's voice instructed me to open up to my intention a little voice inside my head said "surrender" and tiny tears trickled down my cheeks.

If I am really honest with myself I have to say that I have been expending a lot of energy trying to control things over which I have no control, trying to make things into something different than they are, instead of simply surrendering and accepting life as it is in this particular moment. I guess I am scared to just let go and trust that everything will be okay. But all my worrying and fighting against the way things truly are right now hasn't really gotten me anywhere, except frustrated.

In my Planner Pad there is a space that says "Major Goal This Week." I wrote (in purple pen) surrender.

1 comment: