Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Monthly Goal Reflection: April 2010

Bonjour!

It's that time of the month again! Time for Goal Reflection! Let's review...

March goals:

  • Brainstorm how to fit more exercise into my weekly routine. Yes! My new plan is simple: move everyday for at least 15 minutes. Everything counts: yoga, walking, running, biking. This has really been working for me and I notice a difference in my mood and energy now that I am moving more. It feels fabulous to be outside more as well now that the weather is getting warmer. I took Free Spirit out for a 15-minute ride this afternoon and it was lovely!
  • Decide on a set time for meditation. Well... I decided on a set time of 7:40am. However, I am so not good at getting up early in the morning. I know, I know! 7:40am is really not that early! But it IS five minutes earlier than I need to get up and so it is "early" in my mind. I do feel that I have been spending more time meditating than I was (even if it is not at 7:40am each morning) so I am still counting this as progress.
  • Purchase wallpaper for our upstairs bathroom. I have looked for wallpaper, but I have not purchased yet. There are so many options and the hubby and I have not been able to commit to one yet. So I will roll this goal over to April.
  • Sketch out a plan for a backyard garden. No. I did ponder this and peruse magazines for ideas, but no sketch has come to fruition. Another goal to roll over to April.
  • Outline new Stress Management course. In progress. The outline is there, but it is not complete.
  • Call two insurance companies and ask about taking insurance for yoga. Yes! This has been on my to-do list for literally an entire year! Finally! I made the calls (confession: it was today, partially because I knew I would be reviewing my goals). One call was a bust, with the representative saying the network was closed for my area, but the other went well and my application is in progress.
  • Carve out some time to brainstorm about marketing plan, preferably with someone who knows something about marketing. Yes! The hubby and I met with a marketing professional about several options. Now I have a bunch of ideas so it is a matter of sitting down and deciding which to pursue and in what order.
  • Facilitate Introduction to Meditation Workshop at studio. Yes! I really enjoyed this workshop! We will likely offer it at the studio again in the near future.
  • Host Women's Wellness Retreat on March 13th from 10am-4pm. Postponed until May 22nd.
  • Teach mother-daughter yoga at Shakti Yoga to raise money for the Priscilla Project. Yes! I will be teaching there again April 10th at 1:30pm. We are also changing the class to Family Yoga in order to open the class up to all family members.
  • Celebrate family birthdays at party complete with bounce house! Yes! A great party! All of the kids had a fantastic time in the bounce house. I even took a turn myself! I am so thankful for our ever-expanding clan :-)
  • Honor my brother's girlfriend and my nephew-to-be at a splendid baby shower. Yes! Yay! I cannot even wait for the newest munchkin to arrive!
  • See Our Lady Peace at The Riviera Theatre! Yes! OMG! This was amazing. I love OLP!!!!
  • Host Do Yoga. Do Good. Book Club to raise funds for The Niagara County SPCA. Canceled this month. But I am so excited for the June selection Tranquilista, with proceeds benefiting Tranquil Space Foundation.
  • Attend Megan's (possibly last) Elementary School Play. Yes! The Granny Awards was a great show! All of the kids did a wonderful job!

Goals for April:

  • 30 Days of Joyful Abundance: As you may recall, my focus for 2010 is Joyful Abundance. As a personal challenge for the month of April, I will be posting 5 things EVERY DAY that I am thankful for. Please feel free to join in by posting in the comments section, on your own blog, and even in your own private gratitude journal.
  • Purchase wallpaper for our upstairs bathroom.
  • Sketch out a plan for a backyard garden.
  • Complete detailed outline of new Stress Management program.
  • Secure grant money for further office renovations.
  • Create marketing plan for the next quarter.
  • Yoga for Living Wellness CD finalized.
  • Take a semi-vacation from work. A few days (mostly) off from the office/studio so that I can: Spend more time with my family, Sleep in, Stay in my pajamas all day, Do nothing, Read, Take a bath, Have a picnic, Go for a walk, Watch a movie, Play board games, and Whatever else my heart desires!
  • Travel for 4-day yoga training.
  • Attending networking event and continue to work on my networking skills.
  • Check out the Earth-Spirit Expo.
It seems like a short list, but I am going to stick with it! Hopefully that will help me honor the semi-vacation! What are your goals this month?

Happy April 1st! And Happy Birthday to my brother!

1 comment:

  1. you did fabulous on accomplishing your goals in march, congrats!! and hey, who cares if you squeeze one in on the last day of the month, that is what that day is for, right?! ;) i'm curious about a goal you have for april - yoga for living wellness cd? what's this? will it be for sale online too? good luck with your april goals. i gotta lay out my garden sketch too :) hugs!!

    ReplyDelete