Monday, October 5, 2009

Thriving in Tough Times

I have been going through some tough times and have stayed away from posting. I'm torn between saying nothing, which does not feel authentic, and sharing too much. I guess for now I will just say that I am in a hard place.

During tough times, I am comforted by the belief that every loss or challenge we encounter brings with it a valuable lesson and opportunity for growth. Other things that help me through tough times are my yoga practice, my friends and family, a cup of peppermint tea, letting go of as much responsibility as I can, being outside, petting my furbabies, reading, journaling, breathing, warm brownies, and my cozy bed.

What helps you thrive in tough times?

2 comments:

  1. Warm brownies definitely help :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mindy! Thanks so much for your sweet comment. :) I'm sorry to hear that you have been going through a tough time (i sooo hear you on that one). What helps me thrive? Knowing to ask for help when i need it and definitely the support of my close friends and family. Even the blog/twitter community has been so good to me!! Hope life gets a bit brighter for you soon.

    xoxo,
    C

    ReplyDelete